MAS-ESS Essay Competition 2007/2008
“Singapore’s Growing Income
Disparities: Causes, Consequences
and Policy Options”
Once again, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and the Economic Society of Singapore (ESS) invite entries for the MAS-ESS Economics Essay Competition 2007/2008. Held annually, the Essay Competition seeks to promote economic literacy and encourage public awareness and debate on economic policy and financial issues affecting Singapore.
The Essay title is “Singapore’s Growing Income Disparities: Causes, Consequences and Policy Options”.
The Competition is open to students studying in Singapore and all Singaporeans studying abroad. There are two categories of entries. The Pre-University category admits submissions from Polytechnic, Centralised Institute, International schools, and Junior College students, as well as from national servicemen (NSF). The University category admits submissions from students pursuing tertiary education.
All entrants must comply with the Terms and Conditions of the Competition. The Competition will run for about four months beginning 29th November 2007. All essays must be accompanied by a completed entry form and a 300-word summary, which must be received no later than 31st May 2008.
The following awards will be given to the winning essays:
|University Category||Pre-University Category|
* Top three prize winners will be given the opportunity of an internship posting with MAS
* Top 10 essays (excluding top three prize winners) will be awarded a certificate of participation and a book-prize
In addition, all Winners will be invited to attend the Competition’s Award Ceremony, held in conjunction with the ESS Annual Dinner.
Winning essays will be selected by a panel of judges comprising representatives from the ESS, MAS, private sector and government ministries.
How do I enter the Competition and submit my entry?
1. Please read the Competition’s Terms & Conditions.
2. Entries can be submitted either online or via post. Refer to Terms & Conditions for details.
3. All entries are to be accompanied with the relevant Entry Forms available for download on the ESS website.
Download Entry Form for University Category